Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Working Fast Food

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Schnauzer
Owner
Owner
Mr Schnauzer

Working Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Working Fast Food   Working Fast Food EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:29 am

I know this is long but know that it took me longer to type it than it takes you to read it. I did this on a boring night but please bare with me it is humorous and maybe you will learn something..

So I have a job at Sonic Drive In now. Most of you know what Sonic is. If you don't its a fast food restaurant where people park at a menu and order instead of going through a drive through, and a carhop comes out with your food. My job here is to make the fuckin food that you order. This is where I'm telling you the purpose of this post is to tell you what this job is like, humor me or not, this is just for fun information. I am a cook. I work in the back area of the restaurant where all the fridges and fryers are. I am still in training so I cannot explain all of this to you, but I have a wide grasp on what you do. First of all you have to wash your hands. Constantly. Although no one really cares that much so we touch your food after we touch other things lol. Besides that I am constantly doing dishes. There is this thing called a three part sink. It has 3 valves to 3 different tubs on a sink holder. The middle part is for rinsing, the left is for washing, and the right is for sanitizing, all in that order. I wash shit maybe half the time I work, that part sucks. But the fun part is the food. Oh so much awesomeness. Say the screen says 1 TT or 1 FF (tater tots or fries). The screen gives you about a letter per word abbreviation. So I would go to the fridge beside the fryer and get a bag, striped for tots, plain for fries. I would fill half the fry cage with a food and put it down in the oil. Press button on the fryer that says Fries/Tots (you would have to be fucking retarded to be stumped on how to operate it) and it shows a timer. It beeps every couple of minutes telling you to shake it so they dont get stuck. After about 4 minutes they are done. Golden awesome food right there. And I get to try a few every batch to make sure they don't taste like shit (your welcome). So I take that cage and throw them down on a metal vent that blows hot air and has heat lamps above. I get the salt shaker and put lots of good salts on your foods (most people working don't salt it much, if it all. your welcome again). After I make sure they are perfect for the good people of the world I let them sit for another order. On the screen it will tell me where to put my foods so it says sometime like T:1 meaning put it on tray 1. Again you would have to be brain dead not to know how to do this without common sense. So that covers the fry station, I put lots of stuff like onion rings, corn dogs, all that good stuff in the cage, button, throw on vent. Burgers are interesting. They look like hard pancakes when you get them out and after you cook them they look 2x smaller. That pretty much means this shit is processed up the ass so much that if you ate more than 10 your looking at cardiac arrest. But they are good. Very good. Get burger buns, put them on a wheel of butter so you can get even fatter, then put them through the machine to heat for a few seconds. You put toppings and whatever and then flip your burger after the button timer goes off (it's like the fryer). After that side is done you put your burger together, wrap it, then put it on the tray. Eggs have a timer on the grill also, done the same way. Grill done, fryer done, and now is just the hotdogs. You get the bun and put it on the paper tray. Put the hotdog on it and put it in the steamer (unless its a chili dog, then you put chili and then cheese then steamer). After its out you put toppings and put it in the wrapper. If it has chili then you add a fork, done. That's about it for cooking shit. Between making shit and cleaning I'm also filling up dressings, changing stuff out, cleaning off tables, and stocking new stuff. On the occasion of bad luck I will be the one to clean the floors. You get water that has two packs of cleaning fluid, throw that shit everywhere, brush the floor nice and shiny. After there soapy water and all that trash and shit everywhere you get a bucket and fill it with water and throw it over the soapy water. You fill it up about 100x so its painful unless you work out almost everyday like I do. After that you use a tool like what window washers use to push the all the water and trash to the drains and keep repeating until the floor is dry. I get free drinks all day and no one cares if you make your own food, plus I test eat all the shit I feed you so you don't have to worry about food poisoning and shit. Added note, on fried chicken and burgers I also check to make sure they are not raw or have pink, because on the rare occasion they will and cook them longer. To think I might have actually saved your ass from getting sick, I'm a nice guy. What I hate is when for like 10 minutes nothing happens, no orders, nothing. Then fuck, 15 orders at once. Then I'm all like FFFFUUUU-! I do like my job and it is fun, but there are the annoying and hard working parts that suck. But you know a job is a job. Even though it is fast food it is not easy and you are constantly on your feet or rushing, cleaning, whatever. So next time you see someone in a fast food restaurant tell them thank you and give them a nice tip. Hopefully this gives you a more detailed aspect of fast food working and if you are thinking of working fast food read up on this a couple of times to get a nice edge. Thanks for spending the time to read this and if you have questions just comment below.

Last edited by Mr Schnauzer on Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : green text so it's easier for you to read)
Back to top Go down
https://notoriousknights.forumotion.com
Undead Sandvich
Undead Sandvich

Working Fast Food Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working Fast Food   Working Fast Food EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Mr Schnauzer wrote:
I know this is long but know that it took me longer to type it than it takes you to read it. I did this on a boring night but please bare with me it is humorous and maybe you will learn something..

So I have a job at Sonic Drive In now. Most of you know what Sonic is. If you don't its a fast food restaurant where people park at a menu and order instead of going through a drive through, and a carhop comes out with your food. My job here is to make the fuckin food that you order. This is where I'm telling you the purpose of this post is to tell you what this job is like, humor me or not, this is just for fun information. I am a cook. I work in the back area of the restaurant where all the fridges and fryers are. I am still in training so I cannot explain all of this to you, but I have a wide grasp on what you do. First of all you have to wash your hands. Constantly. Although no one really cares that much so we touch your food after we touch other things lol. Besides that I am constantly doing dishes. There is this thing called a three part sink. It has 3 valves to 3 different tubs on a sink holder. The middle part is for rinsing, the left is for washing, and the right is for sanitizing, all in that order. I wash shit maybe half the time I work, that part sucks. But the fun part is the food. Oh so much awesomeness. Say the screen says 1 TT or 1 FF (tater tots or fries). The screen gives you about a letter per word abbreviation. So I would go to the fridge beside the fryer and get a bag, striped for tots, plain for fries. I would fill half the fry cage with a food and put it down in the oil. Press button on the fryer that says Fries/Tots (you would have to be fucking retarded to be stumped on how to operate it) and it shows a timer. It beeps every couple of minutes telling you to shake it so they dont get stuck. After about 4 minutes they are done. Golden awesome food right there. And I get to try a few every batch to make sure they don't taste like shit (your welcome). So I take that cage and throw them down on a metal vent that blows hot air and has heat lamps above. I get the salt shaker and put lots of good salts on your foods (most people working don't salt it much, if it all. your welcome again). After I make sure they are perfect for the good people of the world I let them sit for another order. On the screen it will tell me where to put my foods so it says sometime like T:1 meaning put it on tray 1. Again you would have to be brain dead not to know how to do this without common sense. So that covers the fry station, I put lots of stuff like onion rings, corn dogs, all that good stuff in the cage, button, throw on vent. Burgers are interesting. They look like hard pancakes when you get them out and after you cook them they look 2x smaller. That pretty much means this shit is processed up the ass so much that if you ate more than 10 your looking at cardiac arrest. But they are good. Very good. Get burger buns, put them on a wheel of butter so you can get even fatter, then put them through the machine to heat for a few seconds. You put toppings and whatever and then flip your burger after the button timer goes off (it's like the fryer). After that side is done you put your burger together, wrap it, then put it on the tray. Eggs have a timer on the grill also, done the same way. Grill done, fryer done, and now is just the hotdogs. You get the bun and put it on the paper tray. Put the hotdog on it and put it in the steamer (unless its a chili dog, then you put chili and then cheese then steamer). After its out you put toppings and put it in the wrapper. If it has chili then you add a fork, done. That's about it for cooking shit. Between making shit and cleaning I'm also filling up dressings, changing stuff out, cleaning off tables, and stocking new stuff. On the occasion of bad luck I will be the one to clean the floors. You get water that has two packs of cleaning fluid, throw that shit everywhere, brush the floor nice and shiny. After there soapy water and all that trash and shit everywhere you get a bucket and fill it with water and throw it over the soapy water. You fill it up about 100x so its painful unless you work out almost everyday like I do. After that you use a tool like what window washers use to push the all the water and trash to the drains and keep repeating until the floor is dry. I get free drinks all day and no one cares if you make your own food, plus I test eat all the shit I feed you so you don't have to worry about food poisoning and shit. Added note, on fried chicken and burgers I also check to make sure they are not raw or have pink, because on the rare occasion they will and cook them longer. To think I might have actually saved your ass from getting sick, I'm a nice guy. What I hate is when for like 10 minutes nothing happens, no orders, nothing. Then fuck, 15 orders at once. Then I'm all like FFFFUUUU-! I do like my job and it is fun, but there are the annoying and hard working parts that suck. But you know a job is a job. Even though it is fast food it is not easy and you are constantly on your feet or rushing, cleaning, whatever. So next time you see someone in a fast food restaurant tell them thank you and give them a nice tip. Hopefully this gives you a more detailed aspect of fast food working and if you are thinking of working fast food read up on this a couple of times to get a nice edge. Thanks for spending the time to read this and if you have questions just comment below.

Wow It actaully didnt take long to read o_O, and I think I learned a few things from this beileve it or not.
Back to top Go down

Working Fast Food
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: